November is Prostate Awareness Month
Prostate Awareness Month is an opportunity for all to focus on the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men in Australia.
If you’re a man and 50, you should be talking to your doctor about PSA testing.
Check out these statistics about prostate cancer.
Signs and symptoms could include
- A need to urinate frequently, especially at night
- Difficulty starting urination or holding back urine
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine
- Painful or burning urination
- Difficulty in having an erection
- Painful ejaculation
- Blood in urine or semen
- Frequent pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, or upper thighs
Causes of prostate cancer
Some factors that can increase your risk of prostate cancer include:
- age, increasing rapidly after 50 years of age
- family history of prostate, breast or ovarian cancer
- a diet high in fats and low in fresh fruit and vegetables
- there is an association with high testosterone levels
For more on prostate cancer visit: