10 Anti-Ageing Foods
We can all grow old gracefully but that doesn’t mean we can’t get a little help from what we put in our bodies along the way.
Here are 10 foods that help us age gracefully.
- Olive Oil: the antioxidants, polyphenols, may help fight against age related diseases like heart disease
- Leafy Greens: the high vitamin C contained in kale may protect against premature ageing and other leafy greens like spinach help build stronger bones
- Tomatoes: this delectable food can help reduce redness caused by sun exposure and keep your skin smooth with the aid of carotenoid lycopene and not to mention it is a source of calcium and vitamin K
- Avocados: this Aussie favourite not only has the good fat “monounsaturated fat” but also lutein that helps protect against eye disease
- Yoghurt: this calcium rich food helps stave off osteoporosis and the “good bacteria” helps maintain gut health
- Fish: the omega-3 fats in fish helps prevent the buildup of cholesterol in the arteries, reduces the risk of heart disease and can help lower blood pressure
- Oats: whole oats are high in the antioxidants called avenanthramides that may help lower blood pressure levels by increasing the production of nitric oxide and can assist in lowering cholesterol levels
- Cocoa: the flavanols in cocoa helps maintain youthful blood vessels and that helps lower the risks of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, kidney disease and dementia
- Coffee: not only does coffee contain antioxidants, caffeine has been linked to reducing Parkinson’s disease, type 2 diabetes, can keep the brain feeling sharp and help tighten and brighten the skin
- Red Wine: you shouldn’t chug the whole bottle, but a Canadian study found that 1 to 2 glasses of wine significantly reduces the risk of developing artherosclerotic disease.